Precautionary Measures of COVID-19
Date: 4 Mar 2020 (Blog Categories: News)
Last update: 20 Jul 2021
Health and safety of guests and staff are always our first priority. In view of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have conducted a number of precautionary measures in hotel and restaurants to minimize the spread of infectious diseases, and strive for creating a safe and wonderful stay and dining experience for all guests.
- The Cityview has complied with the requirement of Anti-Epidemic Hygiene Measures Certification Scheme, which is certified by Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency. This certification scheme aims to confirm our responsibilities and recognize our efforts towards the implementation of hygiene measures. For related hygiene measures and certification, please click here.
- To ensure the safety of our staff and guests, we do not accept any guest who:
- Under the HK Government’s compulsory quarantine order, or who have been in close contact with anyone who is currently under this order
- Is exempt from a compulsory quarantine but has visited other countries/territories in past 21 days before the arrival date
- Have stayed at same building with COVID-19 case found in past 21 days
- Have been in close contact with someone who is a confirmed COVID-19 case in past 21 days
- Received "Pink QR code" under the Return2hk Scheme of HKSAR and would like to return from Mainland China or Macao
- Have symptoms of COVID-19 (such as fever)
- For those check-in guests who received "Green QR code" under the Return2hk Scheme of HKSAR that returned from Mainland China or Macao, they have to undergo COVID-19 test again on the 3rd, 5th and 12th day following their arrival at Hong Kong and have to present valid negative test result to our staff as record.
- Guest rooms are subject to restrictions on group gatherings. All visitors* are required to register at our Front Desk before entering the guest room.
*For security reason, all visitors are not allowed to stay overnight from 11pm to 6am.
- Conduct a brief check on the guests’ travel history in the past 21 days and ask them to fill in health declaration form.
- Conduct measurement on body temperature for all staffs and arrival guests every day.
- All frontline staffs are requested to wear surgical mask when serving guests.
- Lobby washroom can only be used by hotel guests and are disinfected regularly.
- Public areas such as traffic pathways, lobby, lifts and elevator control panels etc are disinfected and rinsed with 1 in 49 diluted household bleach regularly. Alcohol-based handrub is provided for guests’ usage in public areas.
- According to the HKSAR Government’s latest update on Prevention and Control Disease Regulation, we would amend the service time of our restaurants accordingly. Please visit our restaurant page (City Cafe, The Balcony, Amazing) for the latest operating hours and service arrangement. Besides, our restaurants implement the following extra precautionary measures from now until further notice:
- Customers are required to scan the “Leave Home Safe” app or register personal details before entering restaurants
- All customers are required to wear mask within the restaurant except the time during consuming food or drinks
- No more than 4 persons to be seated at one table
- Keep a distance of 1.5 metres between dining tables or some form of partition
- The number of customers not exceed 75% of normal seating capacity (Type B Mode of Catering Business)
- Conduct measurement on body temperature for restaurant guests before seated.
- Provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer for guests’ usage before entering the restaurant.
- Prepare plastic bags for disposal of used mask from guests to maintain hygiene at restaurants.
- Staffs are requested to check body temperature before report duty every day, and also required to wear surgical masks and gloves before handling food and serving guests.
- All food and drinks must be covered properly.
- Dining tables and chairs are sanitized with designated disinfectant immediately after each meal.
- Restaurant washrooms can only be used by restaurant guests and are disinfected regularly.
- According to the HKSAR Government’s latest update on Prevention and Control Disease Regulation with “vaccine bubble” as the basis, The Cityview (Crystal Ballroom) has become Type D Mode of Operation of Catering Premises and allow hosting a maximum of 180 participants in any one banquet, with maximum 12 persons per table. All related banquet staff have already received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Related mode of operation under “vaccine bubble” will follow the latest update from HKSAR Government. For further information, please visit the HKSAR Government website and contact our banquet team.
Earth Day 2019
22 Apr 2019
Happy Earth Day 2019! Please join us to save our mother Earth. We have prepared a quiz to test your knowledge about eco-friendly travel (with tips inside!). Are you ready?
Street Art at Yau Ma Tei
12 Jan 2018
While you have some spare time in-between your itinerary, try to visit the wonderful art pieces near us! You will find Yau Ma Tei is an amazing place mixed with different cultures.
What’s on HK, Jan 2018
2 Jan 2018
After the festive month, there are still lots of events in Hong Kong. Cultural lovers must satisfy with CATS while family can have their fun time at The Great European Carnival!